Serendipity is a leading arts organisation specialising in actively changing the cultural landscape by producing and fostering high quality new work that reflects the demographic profile of the UK.
Serendipity’s strength lies in its strategic role, as a diverse-led organisation, working in partnership with artists, venues, higher education institutions, producers, directors, promoters, performing arts and media companies. Through its flagship festival Let’s Dance International Frontiers, the coordination of Black History Month Leicester, and a growing year-round programme, Serendipity has devised an enviable portfolio of trailblazing projects, establishing itself as key contributor to cultural practice in the Midlands and nationally.
The Creating a Promoter Pack half a day course is designed to give you the tools to enable you to talk through and help you to pitch your work. Covering key details, the promotional pack should encapsulate your work and your concept. The course is fully accredited by the CPD Certification Service®.
- To give you an overview of what a promoter’s pack should contain.
- Understand how to use your promoters pack to suit your artistic intentions.
- Examine the use of marketing and social media strategies.
- Develop knowledge of technical requirements required by organisations and production companies.
- Develop confidence in presenting your work to promoters and production houses.
- Describing your work
- How to write a clear and concise Biography
- Using and developing marketing materials
- Use of images
- Social media strategies
- Discussing technical requirements
- Presenting your pack and pitching
What you can expect
The course will be delivered through a mix of presentation, group discussions, workshop activities and reflective one to one time with the course leader.
You will receive
A helpful guide to producing your promoter pack
A note book to keep a track of the content delivered
A Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certificate after completion