Serendipity are looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join the events team, supporting a year-round programme of activities including Black History Month and Let’s Dance International Frontiers. From film screenings to dance performances, conferences and talks, to workshops and courses, the events team are integral to delivering high quality culturally diverse work.
Serendipity are looking for individuals who are positive, hardworking, with a cool head and keen attention to detail. The role involves working in a fast paced but supportive environment, utilising communication, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in festivals and events support.
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and organise complex workloads.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passionate about diversity and inclusivity.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Supporting administrative tasks such as event registration, marketing and promotion.
- Onsite event support and technical assistance, such as props and stage running.
- Artists liaison, including helping artists to navigate the city and attend events on time.
- Box office support including ticket sales and merchandise sales.
Remuneration and Terms
This is a zero hours contract with the salary of £10 per hour (gross). The post-holder will be required to travel to Serendipity activities and events as necessary.
Hours: To suit needs of business, including evenings and weekends. Mainly during April – May and September – October.
Contract: Zero-hours, six-month probation
Salary: £10 per hour (gross)
Please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to Kelly Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email header.