BHM LIVE: Call for Commissions
BHM Live is an initiative, which aims to offer opportunities to emerging Black artists in the UK, across all art forms. Launched in 2012 as part of Black History Season, BHM Live has so far supported many artists in sharing and developing their ideas and showcasing their work.
BHM Live is offering a select number of artists:
- The opportunity to showcase new work at BHM Live showcasing event held at the Curve, Leicester on the 17 October 2019
- A bursary to support the development of new work.
- Development opportunities and the chance for artist to pitch their ideas to and network with promoters, producers, programmers, artistic directors and venue managers.
To be considered for the BHM Live programme each artist will need to:
- Provide a biography or CV that highlights your experience and capacity to create a quality piece of work for the general public, and demonstrates a track record of producing quality work which is innovative, diverse and suitable for the general public.
- Submit a video, web links, images or documents that evidence existing work.
- Give the name of the potential piece you would like to develop, some information regarding the motivation behind the work and an estimation of the length and technical requirements of the piece.
- Applicants must be available to travel to Leicester for the following artistic development dates: 24 April, 5 and 6 June, 3 September 2019
Please submit your proposals by email to email@example.com or post them to:
Serendipity CL00.014, Clephan Building
De Montfort University
The deadline for this opportunity is 5:00pm Friday 5 April 2019.
For more information please call 0116 257 7316 or email firstname.lastname@example.org