LDIF 2018: Call for Commissions
Signatures Call for Commissions
Signatures, a collaboration between Serendipity and Dance4, is a platform held as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, an annual festival of dance in Leicester.
Signatures is a platform that provides opportunities to nurtures and supports undiscovered talent, by working with emerging dancers and choreographers and enabling them to realise their creative potential. The participating artists are selected on the innovative strength of their concepts and their desire to succeed in the arts industry.
Signatures is offering the opportunity for emerging artists to:
- Showcase a new piece of work a maximum of 15 minutes, as part of Let’s Dance International Frontiers, in Leicester, Wednesday 9 May 2018
- Receive audience feedback and network with other dance professionals and practitioners
- Receive a performance fee of £300, plus contributions towards travel expenses (we welcome applications from international artists, but please note capacity for travel allowance is subject to negotiation).
In order to be considered as part of the Signatures programme each dancer/choreographer will need to:
- Provide a biography or CV that highlights their experience and capacity to create a quality piece work for the general public, and demonstrates a track record of producing quality work which is innovative, diverse and challenging.
- Submit a video of the potential work they would like to create. Please upload the video onto Vimeo or Youtube. The selection panel would like to see a video of the potential work in progress, and advise applicants to produce a video which captures a ‘single take’ of the current piece, ideally in a studio setting.
- Provide some background information about the potential work. Give the name, alongside information regarding the motivation behind the work, an estimation of the length and technical requirements of the piece.
- Contact Information. Including telephone number, email address, full postal address, links to social media (twitter, Facebook, Instagram), a link to your website (if applicable), and video links to previous work.
The selection is made by a panel comprising the artistic leaders from Serendipity and Dance4. Criteria for selection is based on:
- Highest Quality; work with a clear sense of purpose and integrity that has the potential to reach the highest artistic standards of practice
- Engagement; work that has the ability to interact and captivate audiences
The deadline for this opportunity is Monday 13 November 2017, 5:00pm (BST)
Please submit your proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 0116 257 7316 or email email@example.com